Glendowie Boating Clubs foundation learn to sail programme runs each Sunday during the Spring and Summer season. The next programme will start on 18th October and will run for approximately ten sessions. The cost of the course is $435 per sailor which includes a half season membership, the use of a club optimist training dinghy and all coaching fees.
This is a list of the gear you need to bring along for your Learn to Sail course.
It doesn’t need to be flash – but you need to be prepared for both sunny and cooler conditions.
- Wetsuit – short arms/short legs allows flexibility but if you already have another type it will work fine.
- Thermals – long sleeves and leggings to wear under the wetsuit on cold days.
- Wind and spray jacket – some wetsuits only provide limited wind protection.
- Rash shirt – or other quick drying sun protection.
- Lifejacket – if you have one. If not the Club can provide this.
- Footwear – wetsuit booties or rock hopper footwear if you have it. Old sneakers or sandals are also fine.
- Hats – sunhat or cap and a beanie for the colder days.
- Food – water bottle and snacks.
- A full change of warm clothing.
- A pen to write with.
- The weather forecast for the day.
- Any medication or allergy advice (to be passed to the coach on arrival)
- Remember it may be colder on the water than on deck so be prepared.
You can buy hot dogs, sweet treats and cold drinks at the Galley after sailing.
Come down to the club on Sundays or get in contact with Anthony McBride, Learn to Sail Convenor on Ph 021 521 013